How to Apply
- Nationality: One of the 10 ASEAN member nations (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) or Republic of Korea
- Born between 1994-2003 (Exceptions can be made depending on different circumstances and talent pool in each country)
- Experience in making at least 2 short films, documentaries and/or other video works
- Fluent in English * Official language for FLY2019: English
- No disqualifications for overseas travel
- No experience in any of the programs from Busan International Film Festival-Asian Film Academy (AFA)
- Number of Finalists: 22 (2 finalists from each ASEAN member nation and Republic of Korea)
- Application Method: E-mail Application
- Depending on your nationality, please submit all the required documents and supporting materials to one of the organizations designated below.
- Republic of Korea: Busan Film Commission / www.bfc.or.kr / email@example.com
- Brunei Darussalam: Authority of Info-communications Technology Industry / www.aiti.gov.bn / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cambodia: Cambodia Film Office, Cinema and Cultural Diffusion Department, Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts / cambodiafilm.gov.kh / email@example.com
- Indonesia: Film Development Center, Ministry of Education and Culture/ http://pusbangfilm.kemdikbud.go.id / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lao PDR: Lao Cinema Department, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism / www.doc.gov.la / email@example.com
- Myanmar: Motion Picture Development Branch Office, Information and Public Relations Department, Ministry of Information / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philippines: Film Development Council of the Philippines / www.fdcp.ph / email@example.com
- Thailand: Thailand Film Office, Department of Tourism, Ministry of Tourism and Sports / www.thailandfilmoffice.org / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vietnam: Vietnam Cinema Department, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism / www.cucdienanh.vn / email@example.com
- Malaysia (independent method)
: 2 Finalists to be selected from the participants of the 4th Young Filmmakers Workshop. (For inquiries, please contact National Film Development Corporation (FINAS) / firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Singapore (independent method)
: 2 Finalists to be selected by the Singapore Film Commission (SFC). (For enquiries, please contact Singapore Film Commission (SFC) / at SFC@imda.gov.sg
- Each organization will evaluate the documents and portfolios to select 2 finalists from each country, and will send the list to Busan Film Commission (AFCNet Secretariat).
- Evaluation Process: Initial Evaluation (documents) → Secondary Evaluation (phone interviews and portfolios) * Each organization may conduct different methods of evaluation.
Required Documents for Application
- Application Form (Click to download)
- Cover Letter (Click to download) & Video of self-introduction (must be in English, 1-minute max) that include: motivation for application, self-introduction in relation to film work, and career plans in film industry
- Portfolio: Video files of your past work examples for which you participated as a director, producer, cinematographer, editor, production designer or sound recorder/mixer
* Prescribed forms can be downloaded from AFCNet / FLY2019 website, as well as the entry organizations’ websites as specified above.
* All documents are required to be submitted via E-mail (portfolio(s) can be submitted either in the form of DVD(s) or E-mail with a downloadable web link).
- Airfare, accommodation, meals and all types of education courses will be provided to all the selected trainees.
- All the selected trainees must participate in all the courses of online pre-production.
- 1 out of 2 Korean finalists will be a Busan resident.
- Submitted documents are non-returnable.
- If an applicant is proven to have made a false statement in the documents, the selection committee may revoke that person’s right to be selected as the finalist.
- Busan Film Commission (AFCNet Secretariat)-Busan Asian Film School: email@example.com
ASEAN-ROK Film Community Programme
We Are Certain, We FLY